Browse this website Close this menu
Radford - St Peter's Church

St Peter's Church, Church Street, Radford, Nottingham NG7 3DW. On the site of earlier churches, the present building was built in 1812. The memorial board is located on the north wall of the chancel and has 341 names in columns with gold leaf embellishments. The inscription reads, 'To the Glory of God and to keep in remembrance those from this parish who laid down their lives in the Great War 1914-1918 (names) 1939-1945 (names). The lease to the graveyard attached to the church was taken over by Nottingham City Council in 1992 and a park created for local people. The memorial cross was relocated in the park from its original position on the south side of the church. The park was formally opened on Palm Sunday, 4 April 1993, by the Bishop of Southwell and the Lord Mayor. The Garfield Street Memorial was relocated to the north wall of the park after the area was redeveloped.

Identified casualties 342 people
Names on this memorial