Browse this website Close this menu
Nottingham St Andrew's Presbyterian Church Goldsmith Street - World War Two

'This Presbyterian congregation was founded in 1866 and initially worshipped in the schoolroom of Park Row Chapel. In 1870 the congregation moved to the newly-built St Andrew’s Church in Belgrave Square (now Goldsmith Street) in Nottingham. St Andrew’s joined the United Reformed Church in 1972. Negotiations had been proceeding since the early 1960s for a possible merger with another city centre church, Castle Gate Congregational Church, which also joined the URC in 1972. In 1975 the two churches merged to form St Andrew’s-with-Castle Gate United Reformed Church, using the St Andrew’s premises on Goldsmith Street.'

University of Nottingham Manuscripts and Special Collection (introduction on line)

Identified casualties 3 people
Location
Photographs